Sunday, September 21, 2014

magic's gone

Jeff's been gone for 6 days now (hunting, remember?) and I haven't talked to him once (they're in the middle of no where and there's no cell service...kind of like where we actually live).

Anyway the no-contact thing sucks. Obviously.

Couple that with me being sick the whole time he's been gone and I'm sooooooo ready for him to be home!

The fact that we've had next to zero contact might be good though because it's kept me from, you know, saying all the words that I can't take back in the not so rare moments of frustration I've had this week of flying solo around here except not solo because we have a third of a dozen kids {whom I adore...obviously}.

I might be annoyed that I haven't been able to breathe out of my nose in almost a week, my eyes haven't stopped watering, I've sneezed no less than 75 times each day (I usually sneeze in threes - fun fact for the day...you're welcome), and my throat has felt like it got rubbed on a cheese grater and you know what? Sometimes I just want a back rub. But, nonetheless, he's not here and I can't complain to him bless his heart, so I'm putting on my big girl panties and taking things one tissue at a time and complaining to you instead because I'm mature like that.

Two more days (at the most!) and he'll be back. {That's 32 kid length Netflix movies if that's all we did from now until him getting home not that I'd ever do something like that. ::side eye::}

If nothing else (like, if there's no elk), at the very least this week I've grown to appreciate having my husband here even more than I already did (which was A LOT).

But seriously - GET HERE FASTER, husband of mine!!! Pretty please?

No comments:

Post a Comment