Monday, June 16, 2014

Summah-Time

Okay, so now that all that other stuff (below) is out, I can just write and not worry about how eloquent  it sounds and/or if I added a bazillion too many comas or if it's funny enough/cute enough/has enough pictures/sounds too braggy. Movingrightalong, mmkay?

It's SUMMER!!!!

sort of

The sun is not out but school is so we're going with it.

Our calendar is filling up fast and we're exhausted excited just thinking about all the fun we're going to have! Fischer isn't a baby anymore SIGH so it will be easier to be out and about (I think. Maybe not. Actually definitely not.) since I won't have to carry him everywhere I'll just chase him instead. This week was supposed to be a bunch of lake time, but since it's only in the low 60s we're doing laundry instead (fun!).

Tomorrow I'm going for a long run (we're aiming for at least 11 miles) since it will probably be one of our last long runs before the half marathon and I'm not going to lie: I could pee my pants I'm so nervous and unprepared.

Before school was out, the kids each read (and documented) a bunch of books and earned tickets to watch the local baseball team play, so Jeff and I are planning to take them Thursday night to the game. We did two years ago and they absolutely loved it. We're going to try to find somewhere to leave Fischer so that it will be a special treat for the big kids (they'll get all of our attention instead of us tag teaming with the baby toddler).

Saturday my older brother will be getting here from Boise and we haven't seen him in over a year! We're stoked to spend a bit of time with him. Sunday is a BIG family reunion for my Dad's side of the family and I literally can't wait to see my cousins (and meet all their spouses and kids!) and introduce them to mine - it's been years since we've seen them!

Then Monday we leave for our BIG trip.

We're going to be taking 3 weeks and driving to Alaska and back.

{I told you it was big.}

I feel like I have so much to do in the next 6 days that I can't even imagine actually being ready (so it doesn't feel real still) but it will indeed happen and I can't wait!

So, that's what our plans are for the next month. :) Like I said, Summer is filling up fast, but it should be fun!

Here's to taking it one day at a time! :)


2 comments:

  1. THREE weeks? How do you even pack for that?! I can't even imagine, but the trip sounds so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids won baseball tickets, too!! Thanks for the reminder as my husband's days off coinciding with a game night will be hard to come by but they do on Thursday! So, look for us!!

    Have a great visit with Jeremy!!

    ReplyDelete