Tuesday, June 17, 2014

{lack of} muscle power

Today was supposed to be "long run" day but I got a call at 6:45am from my running partner that her son was really sick so we decided to run it on Thursday if I don't die from exhaustion just thinking about it before then. I didn't want to just have 2 (more) days of "resting up for the run" (which I may or may not have been doing for the past day or two week already) so I decided to throw in a trusty circuit training video and give it a go.

I mean, I used to do these all.the.time. so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Well it was.

I can run for miles and miles but through all that one-foot-in-front-of-the-other I've lost all my muscle power.

And it sucks.

This is me after 40 minutes of circuit training today:



See all that sweat?

It's pathetic.

And yet it feels awesome. I can't wait to lift some weights consistently again!

Just gotta survive the half first. :)

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can...{And repeat.}

::: Edited to add: Apparently my husband reads my blog (who knew!?) because he told me he can't believe I had the guts to put that picture of my sweaty self on here. HA! I have no shame. I can't believe he doesn't already know that. (He does now I guess.) :::

No comments:

Post a Comment