Monday, March 3, 2014

resting

Life is stressful around these parts these days. {And by "these parts" I mean my brain.}

Wondering about big stuff like if (when!) our house will sell. Will we ever find a place to buy (please, SOON!)? Having a toddler ready to have his own room in a big-boy bed and just not knowing where to put him...or when. Having a big trip coming up in June (ie: driving to Alaska and back over the course of 3 weeks) that I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around amidst said big stuff.

My sweet husband keeps reminding me that the actual big stuff is already blessed. We are healthy. Our kids are healthy. Our relationship is strong. Our game plan is solid (game plan: take steps in faith and trust the Lord's guidance). We're good.

I just don't feel good. I feel uneasy. I struggle with letting fear cause anxiety where it has no place. I lose my focus and listen to the wrong voice. I turn away from the spirit of calm in my heart and turn my attention to the flesh of chaos.

My feelings don't determine truth. They lie to me.

God has made promises to me. He promises to make everything work for my good. He promises to not give me a spirit of fear (so if I have one - it's not from Him!). He promises that He is worthy of my trust. He promises that His word is truth.

This is where I need to sit. SIT. Not do. Rest. Not think. Not be anxious. Just trust. Trust in the God who created this whole world and yet cares about the details of my heart, my family, and my future. He cares about my cares.

:: Sigh. ::

He is so good. So so very good.

I am choosing to rest in Him in this moment. And the next...just one at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Driving to Alaska?? Oh....my....

    Fear is definitely not from the Lord. But, it is sure powerful stuff. Thankfully, God blesses us wives with wise husbands that can help us look at "Big Picture" stuff. Or, sometimes, us wives remind our husbands. In my marriage, we are both rarely down at the same time, thank you Jesus!!

    Hang in there!
    I can't wait to see how everything turns out for you! (You know, cuz it will!!)

    ReplyDelete