Monday, December 9, 2013

a little chilly

Last night the low was -6 degrees and the night before it was a balmy -10.

Negative ten. 

Besides going outside to care for animals (and one 2 hour bout to "play" in the snow which was really "surviving the snow"), I've been in our house since Thursday with all four kids who have the energy level of a herd (pack? school? flock?) of cheetahs - to say I'm ready for it to warm up would be a major understatement.

I made home-made cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning in an effort to cheer everyone's moods (but my mood remains less than blissful since I didn't even taste them). I think we're bummed that even though school was cancelled Jeff still had to go to work and we really enjoyed our cozy weekend together as a little family.

The roads are terrible. The temperatures are terrible. Our water supply (since the ground is frozen and no water is getting to our spring) is terrible. BUT our God is good. Our power is on. Our pantry is (semi) stocked. We are healthy and safe.

We are thankful.

We are (I am) trying to focus on the good and enjoy this Alaska-like winter weather because really, it could be a lot worse.

This week we'll just be taking it one day at a time and just going with the flow...even if that means going no where and nothing is flowing. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment